Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lunge Forward


…fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:2

Today’s Daily DEVO has been a few days in the making.  I have noticed that when God wants to make a point with me, He repeats Himself quite a bit, just like I sometimes do with my own children.  The past few weeks have been crazy busy between work and home (all is well, of course) but I have lost my focus on Jesus in some ways…

Yesterday’s devotional from the exceptional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, used the analogy of a spinning ballerina keeping her eyes focused on a fixed point to maintain her balance.  We too, must do the same.

Despite our circumstances or hectic schedules, we must keep our eyes fixed on Jesus Christ.  If we focus our gaze on our circumstances for too long, we will become confused and dizzy.

Focus on Jesus and maintain your footing, steady and sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment