Monday, February 10, 2014

I Will Comfort You


Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.  Your rod and staff protect me and comfort me.  Psalm 23:4

Our children have an uncanny knack of bringing home whatever virus or illness is going through the school and just last week, I fell victim to‘the funk.’  Having a sick parent in the house can be tough and it’s a much different challenge when the boys aren't feeling well, as sometimes the only comfort we can offer them as a parent is to simply pick them up and just hold them in our arms.

Being sick or under the weather is similar to our walk with God, and often times works much in the same way.  When we seek our Father daily, by communicating with Him through our prayers and remaining obedient to His Word, He watches out for us, cares for us, and offers us His direction.


If we stay close to Him, like a child in his/her parent's arms, He will comfort us and protect us.  When we look for him each and every day, we begin to realize that He is always right beside us, regardless of what we are going through!  Thanks be to God for His compassion and caring that never ends!




No comments:

Post a Comment