Sunday, May 5, 2013

What If I Stumble?


Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble.  Psalm 119:165


In a study that I am currently doing with my Life Group through Cokesbury Church, the past week’s lesson has been a painful self-examination of my past sins and transgressions.  There are many details of my life I wish had never happened as my past was not exactly upright nor was I obedient to what I knew was written in God's Word. 

Things have certainly changed for me, but I am still just a work in progress.  I do try to spend time in prayer daily, read my Bible regularly, and apply the Word of God to my life, but no matter how much my faith grows, I will always fall short of God’s grace.

It got me thinking-if we are not allowing God's Word to persuade us, influence our thinking, and impact our behavior, then who or what are we allowing to influence us?? 

You will constantly have the influence of what other people say to weigh against the written Word of God. Anything that does not line up with God's Word should be dismissed.  It’s impossible to live a sin-free life; Jesus is the only One who can make that claim, but as Christians, we should constantly be growing in our faith and looking more like our Savior each and every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment