Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Heaven


There is more than enough room in my Father’s home.  If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  John 14:2

If you are anything like me, then you like to have the details of your travel planned before you arrive at your destination.  I recall making a last-minute business trip where I did not have a hotel booked for the second night of three days of travel.  I felt pretty confident that I could find a vacant room after I arrived, but truth be known, I was a little anxious about where I was going to stay…

Far too many people live their lives out the way I recently traveled  with no idea of where they are going at the end of their life journey.  Not only is there a heaven, but Jesus is busy making preparations for our arrival.  Heaven is not some destination paradise where we will spend a quick vacation; it is actually an eternal dwelling place where we will live in joyful fellowship with our heavenly Father and heavenly family. 

Since we know Jesus Christ has gone before us to prepare a place for us to stay, we can be confident that our ‘room’ is ready and waiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment