Thursday, December 6, 2012

No Compassion


The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.  Psalm 103:13

As we finished our decorating our home and hung the final strands of lights on the front porch, I was eager to see our children’s amazement and fascination with all of the beautiful Christmas lights that now decorate our home.  I also couldn't help but think about the countless number of people who dread the Christmas season and how all of the Christmas lights serve as painful reminders of a difficult home situation, a dispute with a family member, or simply not being able to afford to purchase gifts for loved ones.

God has laid this heavy on my heart and has shown compassion to me by caring for me, providing for me, loving me, and blessing me.  He has forgiven me too many times to recall, and I while I try my best to honor him out of love by fearing him and obeying him, I still continue to come up short.  By his never ending mercy and grace, he continues to love me and forgive me and that is something that will never change.

This Christmas season, there are people all around you who are either hurting or in need.  What better time to show them the same compassion and caring that God has shown us!


No comments:

Post a Comment