Friday, December 1, 2023

Longer

 

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4


I was in my hotel getting ready for a meeting this week and was feeling a bit down on myself for eating so much junk food over the past few days of travel weeks.  It's hard to make healthy food choices when you are on the road so much, entertaining clients over lunch or dinner, or having to eat fast food as you are making your way through a crowded airport.   If I am being totally honest, my fear is that I will revert back to weighing as much as I did while in college, when I weighed an astounding 226 lbs.  I know that won’t happen as things were much different for me back then-physically. mentally, and spiritually.

I did not feel downtrodden for too long as I came across the above scripture from Ephesians, where God reassures us all that he indeed loved us, even before he created the world.

Because He first loved us, he sent Jesus to earth to live a sinless and blameless life to atone for our sinfulness on the cross. If you are like me and sometimes need reassurance, just know that you are indeed loved by God; he paid the ultimate price for our Holiness and the eternal promise of heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment