Monday, November 6, 2023

What Is Love?

 

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.  Psalm 16:11


There have been times in my life that I have pondered my existence here on earth.  What’s this life all about?  At age 48 and only two decades into my active walk of faith, I am just now discovering a little of what God’s plan for my life truly is.

I believe that a primary cause of despair is the feeling that life is ultimately meaningless.  Conversely, the sense that life does have meaning and purpose gives a person energy and resilience to keep going no matter what trial they are facing.  After losing my mother a few months ago, I have had to rely on Christ more than ever before...it has been painful and difficult, but with help from the Lord above and the wonderful people in my life, I have been able to stay strong and find a different purpose for my life.  

If you are wondering just why you are here on this earth, pick up your Bible and read some of the reasons God gives for your existence.  God’s Word is full of His promises that reveals the purpose for which we were created.
Sometimes, life takes an unexpected turn, but when it does, cling to God's promises and He will make your path clear...

No comments:

Post a Comment