Monday, May 1, 2023

Wait For You

 

Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  Psalm 37:5

The older I become, the more I understand that God's ways are not my ways and that I sometimes must wait patiently before He sends His blessings.  Our boys are growing up way too fast-Elliott will be 16 this June and Elijah is quickly approaching his 13th birthday this August.  When I stop to look back at how fast time has flown by, it has made me acknowledge the season of waiting I was in for the better part of his first year on this earth.  

Five months into 2023, and during this crazy busy time (sports/moving/work/school), I am now in a much different season now as a father, but I have learned yet another valuable lesson in learning to trust God fully and completely while patiently waiting for His many blessings.

When we refuse to trust God with our needs, we will continue to live in panic, chaos, and fear because we do not cry out to the One who can meet our needs.  Jesus' disciples learned to trust Him on the Sea of Galilee during a frightening storm that had each one convinced that they would not survive.  Jesus walked across the water and commanded the storm to be still and the sea quickly became calm again.

If you do not trust the Lord, then who do you trust?  Jesus is waiting with His arms outstretched for you and will lift you up despite the tempestuous circumstances you may find yourself facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment