Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Could You Be Loved?

 

That the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.  John 17:23


I had a meeting with a potential client a few months ago and felt that I showed poorly.  It was a difficult task, as I went into the meeting with only a small amount of information and still had many more questions that I needed to answer before I could possibly provide firm insurance rates for this organization's group benefit program.  Leaving the meeting I felt like a failure, despite my managing director telling me that I did an outstanding job.  Have you ever felt that way?  How do we know we are valuable?

The answer is found at the cross.  My youngest son, Elijah, was playing with the cross that I wear on my neck and it got me thinking about the reality of what Jesus' death by crucifixion really means.  If we weren't valuable to God, He wouldn't have sent His beloved Son to die on the cross to save us from certain death...

If you are ever feeling down or unloved or that you are not valuable, look no further than the cross and understand that you are worthy and loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment