Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Don't Go Breaking My Heart

 

..the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.  She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins."  Matthew 1:20-21



We have heard the "Christmas story" so much that I truly believe we have become almost  desensitized to just how supernatural and miraculous this story is.  I try to put myself into Joseph's shoes and I honestly would have a hard time sticking around if my wife informed me that she was carrying a baby that was not mine.

Joseph secretly planned to divorce Mary until an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and reassured him that the baby was a divine being, both God and human; the Savior of the world.

The Bible doesn't recount much of Joseph's reaction, but it simply states that "when he woke up, Joseph did what the angel of the Lord had commanded and took Mary home as his wife." (Matthew 1:24)

What is God calling you to do with your life?  Will you answer his call and follow him in faith, no matter what difficulties or challenges you face?

No comments:

Post a Comment