Sunday, November 14, 2021

Drifting

 

So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.  All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.  I am the door ; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy ; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:7-10

The past week was undoubtedly one of the busiest and most stressful weeks I have had at work in a long while. By Friday afternoon, my mind had just checked out as I was exhausted and worn out from a multiple series of meetings, deadlines, and other assorted events.  Being totally honest, I really struggled to find the inspiration to even write the Daily DEVO this week.  I am glad to say that the weekend provided a well-needed opportunity for me to catch my breath.  At some point, I either read another devotional or a passage of scripture that got me thinking about how Jesus resisted the Enemy during His 40 days in the wilderness.  He submitted to God’s lead and never took His eyes off of His loving Father.

Jesus’ example is one that we too should emulate in our daily lives.  It’s easy to be so preoccupied with our day-to-day lives that we adapt a worldly mindset.  When our thoughts turn away from God, we become dangerously self-dependent and let our guards down.  When we do, the Enemy always seems to strike.

We know that God will win the ultimate victory, but Satan will stop at nothing to lead us astray with his many lies and deception.  Don’t let the world fool you into trying to manage your life on your own.  Keep your eyes on Christ, stay alert and keep connected to His truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment