Saturday, September 25, 2021

Knock Me Down

 

Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time, He will lift you up in honor. 1 Peter 5:6

It was not too terribly long ago that I was extremely overweight and burned out from years of substance abuse.  I was lonely, on the verge of depression; my life was wrecked.  It was also not until I finally accepted the fact that I had some problems before I humbled myself and eventually asked for some help. 

Pride can prevent you from asking for the help that you need.  Humility gives you the wisdom and courage to admit your needs in any situation.  You simply won't get help-from God or from any other family member or friend-if you cannot admit you have a problem. 

When you are humble, God's power is at your disposal, and He promises to help you, regardless of any situation.  Don't let our pride stop you from getting the help you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment