Sunday, August 1, 2021

Mind Games

 

Let us who live in the light be clear-hearted, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as out helmet the confidence of our salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5:8

I have been running on a regular basis since 2007.  It was not until 2009 that I ran my first half-marathon in Knoxville, and I can say that one of the biggest obstacles to excellent performance is more of a mental battle than a physical one.  I ran my second half-marathon in 2013 while injured.  I recall being exhausted on the final leg of the race, but went into a 'mental zone' that helped me push through the pain and finish the 13.1 miles in an 1 hour and 39 minutes.  By no means am I writing to brag or boast about my running, as I am a mediocre athlete at best, and only run every day so that I can maintain a healthy lifestyle.  In fact, this year I have even begun to add walking to my workout regimen. 

Regardless, of how you feel about running, you can apply the same principals to our everyday lives, in particularly our faith.  Our confidence doesn't come from our abilities or physical circumstances, how we look, or what we achieve.  Everything actually comes from our faith-the blessed assurance that God is always with us, every second of every day, fighting for us and helping to us win our battles and live victoriously.

I am constantly looking for ways to live in more confidence knowing that God is a part of my life every single day, even when times are hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment