Friday, January 15, 2021

Panic


In Your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and give strength to all.  1 Chronicles 29:12

In this new year, I have made a conscious effort to respond more than I react to difficult circumstances.  This is something that will take quite some time to achieve, but the above passage has brought me peace and served as a simple reminder of God being in total control of every situation and circumstance.

Any of my family, friends, or co-workers will tell you that I have been known to over-react on occasion.  For instance, I thought the world was coming to an end last year when I contracted a sinus infection for a couple of days.  Seriously, I know that I am a very reactive person and in the heat of a moment, I sometimes forget that God is in control, not just over my life, but over everything.

Right before the end of last year, I faced a small scare.  Instead of my usual (panic and ‘freak out’) I instead turned to the Bible and prayed with thanksgiving and praise.  God filled me with a sense of peace and calmed my nerves and everything turned out to be better than fine.

Thankfully, we have a God that is bigger than you and me and the problems we face.  Turn to Him in all situations and never forget that He is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment