Thursday, September 19, 2019

'40'

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.  Psalm 40:2

The other night, I was feeling worn down and very anxious after looking at my calendar.  It has been busy few weeks at between work and other obligations and it's only just begun as this time of the year is pretty crazy with peak open enrollment season kicking into high gear.  With football season also a few weeks in, I am also really missing my mother, as I could always pick up the phone and call her to laugh about the state of our beloved Auburn Tigers, no matter how good or bad they have been playing. (At least our defense looks solid this season!)

I found myself reaching out to pray to Jesus, but just didn't have many words to say. Despite everything going on in my life, the good still far outweighs the bad and I know that God has been by my side and will continue to remain by my side through it all.  

In times of difficulty, we must remember that God is always with each of us. God promises to carry us through whatever we face and He will always give us firm footing on the other side.  God never leaves our side and He will continue to walk with us as we wade through the aftermath-no matter what we are facing.

When faced with hard times, is God the first one you look to for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment