Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Gotta Serve Somebody

"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat ; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink ; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'  "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink ?  'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?  'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'  "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' Matthew 25:34-40


God has really been working on the true motives of my heart lately.  What is my purpose here on this earth?  A lot of my energy revolves around family and friends; quite a bit is also focused on my career. And then there is the focus on 'me.'  I would like to change the world, but is it just another selfish want of mine to better my surroundings and ensure my own personal gain?

You see, the only goal of lasting value and fulfillment is actually serving Christ.  As followers of Christ, we should all aim to model our lives after Jesus and Him alone.  Christ, the King of all Kings, did not come to this earth to be served, but to serve.

When you look at what some believers have accomplished with God’s help, it’s truly remarkable.  The Bible is filled with stories of everyday people doing extraordinary things with God’s supernatural intervention.  We all like to make excuses for not tapping into the power of the Holy Spirit more often.  We may feel like we don’t have enough experience or we have the wrong set of skills for the task at hand, but we must remember that God will provide us with the right words to say, the ability, and the circumstances so that we can achieve all He wants done.

We must live our lives every day in such a way that we yield to God’s will and allow Him to provide us with what we need for today and today alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment