Monday, January 28, 2019

Harder Better Faster Stronger


If you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. James 1:25


For the last several years, I have been able to completely change my workout regimen by joining the Orange Theory Fitness Center in Farragut, TN.  In case you have not heard about it, the whole concept behind a workout at OTF is that you are working out in a group setting with a personal trainer and your total calories burned and heart is monitored for all to see during the hour long class.  For someone like me who is slightly competitive and OCD, this has done wonders to intensify my workouts and I am already seeing results. This has not happened without its share of aches and pains, but I know that the pain is the "good kind" as I am strengthening my body and becoming a faster runner and rower. 

Our faith is a lot like our muscles; it grows stronger the more we exercise and push our bodies.  The more we seek God and stay grounded in His Word, the closer we grow to Him.  When we do what God asks us to do, despite the degree of difficulty, we will see Him bless us as a result of our obedience, and our faith will only grow stronger.

The next times God asks us to do something, you will have more confidence to take that leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment