Sunday, September 23, 2018

Man In The Mirror


Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. Galatians 6:4


I was listening to a popular college football talk show on my way home from work yesterday and heard a coach describe how he instills values in his players.  To paraphrase, the coach something to the effect of, "if each member of this team is committed to being their best and committed to this team being the best, it doesn't matter who or what team we are playing."  What great and practical advice that can be applied in our everyday lives, hence the reason college football must surely be 'God's sport!'

Seriously, people often get stressed out when they take on activities and responsibilities for the wrong reasons.  Trust me, I have been there and it's taken me most of my adult life to be able to say "No," when I feel I am over-committing myself.

When we are considering upcoming involvements, be sure to seek God and ask Him to help you do things with the right motives.  God will help you make wiser decisions as to which activities you should commit to and the ones you should say no to.

It's only when we do things with the right motives that we will be able to work with passion and purpose and find satisfaction in a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment