Friday, August 10, 2018

Freedom of Choice


I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and He is the judge.  John 8:50


It was eight years ago today that I successfully wrote and posted the first Daily DEVO on this “God’s Will; Fisher of men" Blog site. It has truly been a joy and labor of love, both personally and spiritually, and I would like to say a very grateful and humbled “THANK YOU” to all of the folks who read the Daily DEVO.

I hope that along the way, the DEVOtions have been what you needed to read, at a time that you needed to read them.  After all, I try to write about something that is relevant to people in their walk of faith; things that we struggle with, as spouses, as parents, as friends, as siblings, as neighbors, as co-workers, etc.

There are so many Blogs out there, each one different in many aspects and many are focused solely on the glorifying the individual.  I have prayerfully sought God’s will and have attempted to apply His word with my personal life experiences to ultimately glorify Him and not seek glory for myself.

I am convinced that God puts certain people in your life for a reason.  Just like each of His many provisions-He always gives us what we need, just when we need it.  The same holds true for His living and breathing Word; when we seek Him though scripture, He speaks to us and gives us His infinite and Holy wisdom.  When I had my ‘calling’ into the ministry, I would have never imagined in a million years that it would begin in the blogging world, by writing a daily devotional.

It’s inspiring to know that the Daily DEVO has been viewed nearly 134,000 times over the past eight years, and I hope that God will continue to use this Blog to reach even more people in the days and weeks to follow.

Again, I thank you for reading the Daily DEVO and I hope you have a blessed day!!

-Will

No comments:

Post a Comment