Monday, March 5, 2018

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding

A man's steps are directed by the Lord.  How can anyone understand his own way?  Proverbs 20:24

If you are at all like me, then you also want an understanding of things.  

For instance, at work, I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be prior to a meeting with a client or prospective client.  I don't like the unknown during a presentation or enrollment meeting in front of a group of employees.  

Another would be how I enjoy pondering the meaning of life; why things happen the way they do and so forth.  The more I learn about God's ways, the less I realize I truly understand...

Events that take place in our lives can be confusing at times.  There are many things that we simply may never understand whereas others fall into place and we will be able to look back and see how God worked in certain situations.  

The above passage from Proverbs assures us not to worry, even if we don't have all of the answers.  We must learn to accept that God knows what He is doing and learn to have complete confidence in Him, even if we don't have a clear understanding of His timing and design.

God's promises are real and they always work together for His good; despite our understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment