Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Control

I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.  For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  Romans 7:18

I certainly struggle with control issues- wanting to be in control of certain situations in my life, relationships, my children, work, etc.  The problem is, (thankfully) I am not God and only He can be in control of our lives. 

The apostle Paul even struggled with his humanness and sin, but he never let is interfere with his commitment to do God’s will.  You see, we must admit that we are powerless on our own and also admit that our lives have become unmanageable as a result.

The more I grow in my faith the more I understand that this is the foundation of our walk with Jesus-letting go, and letting God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment