Friday, September 8, 2017

Livin' Thing


The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.  Isaiah 40:8


Looking back at some old photos taken of me from my youth, I am dumbfounded by some of the trends and fads that I actually embraced as a child.  Whoever thought that the long, colorful, Bermuda shorts from the 80s, otherwise known as ‘Clam diggers,’ were a good idea for a short and pudgy kid, was out of their ever-loving mind!!  Thankfully that fashion trend came and went and as I entered the ninth grade in 1990, I proudly rocked a pair of Bugle Boys.  Okay, enough about me and my fashions; you get the point….

I am always amazed at how I can open my Bible and read a passage of Scripture that has a relevant meaning for exactly what I am going through at the exact time that I needed to read it.  It’s no wonder that the Bible contains the very few words of the almighty God and it is the only document that is ‘living.’

‘Living’ means that the Scriptures in the Holy Bible are relevant for all people in all places in all times.   The Word is as contemporary as the latest trend, yet as lasting as eternity.  Praise God’s holy name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment