Sunday, January 17, 2016

What Is Life?

“When that day comes,” says the Lord, “I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as the Lord…I will show love to those I called ‘Not loved.’ And to those I called ‘Not my people,’ I will say, ‘Now you are my people.’  And they will reply, ‘You are our God!’”  Hosea 2:16, 20, 23


There is no doubt in my mind that God wants a personal relationship with each and every single person on this planet.  One of my dearest friends recently shared a series of events that makes it crystal clear that God is not only pursing a relationship with him, but is also reminding him almost daily that He loves him.

While God is almighty and powerful, we still must be ‘in tune’ and look for evidence that He is seeking a personal relationship with us.  Being into music, God has certainly spoken to me through songs.  I could hear a particular song on the radio, be in the record shop a day later and hear the same song, and then some random place like a restaurant and hear it again.  It becomes almost undeniable that God will speak to us in ways that are unique to us.

He pursues us, not to get something from us, but to give something wonderful to us-love, hope, power, salvation, joy, peace, and eternal life.  God pursues us because He knows that only He can transform our lives forever!

Thanks be to God!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment