Sunday, March 8, 2015

Don’t You (Forget About Me)


Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing you into a new person by changing the way you think.  The you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good pleasing and perfect.  Romans 12:2

Last week was another typically 'busy' week for me, but for whatever reason, I really struggled to reply to some personal emails I had received throughout the week and I felt guilty for not returning phone calls to a couple of friends that only wanted to catch up with me. 

Sometimes I feel like I have found the perfect balance in my life, and other times, I feel like the demands of my daily schedule are simply unmanageable.

Jesus modeled the perfect example of a life balanced between socializing and solitude, action and reflection, hard work and spiritual revitalization, and mission and meditation.  His pace allowed for Him to be guided by God’s perfect will instead of caving into the pressures of this world.  When you live a balanced life, you realize that every need and every opportunity are not necessarily the things God is calling you to do.

We must allow God to change our thinking to reflect His thinking and He will show us what to do and what not to do.  When we let Him direct our steps, we can then live according to His priorities and His will!

No comments:

Post a Comment