Friday, October 10, 2014

Heaven

God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.  Matthew 5:3


A good friend, mentor, and pastor, John Gargis, once told me something that I have not forgotten: “It teaches me so much when I meet someone that has absolutely nothing showing gratitude!  It teaches me that gratitude is not about your circumstances.”  I agree with brother John and the above verse from Matthew also comes to mind.

You see, if you believe that Jesus died for your sins and you recognize that only He can forgive you, you can rest assured that you are going to heaven.  There is nothing you can do and there is no way to earn your way into heaven; it’s God’s free gift to those who admit their need for Jesus.

Thanks be to God for His never-ending love, mercy, and grace!


No comments:

Post a Comment