Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own


I look up toward the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth!  The Lord is your protector; the Lord is the shade at your right hand.  The sun will not harm you by day, or the moon by night.  Psalm 121:1-2, 5-6

Have you ever wondered why we sometimes experience unrest when we are alone?  Some people, out of desperation, move in and out of relationships to fill the void of emptiness.  Others fill the void with substances like drugs and alcohol.  In my journey, I have been guilty of both until I began to realize that I was created to be in fellowship with God.  In fact, all of us are created to be in fellowship with our loving Father.

Simply put, God did not make us to go through life on our own; He wants us to have relationships with other people, but the number one relationship He wants us to enjoy is one with Him.  When we attempt to have our needs met apart from God, our efforts are futile and lead only to major disappointment and despair.  God is the only One who is capable of filling the emptiness of the human heart.

Only God can meet our deepest longings and needs for the love that we all need.


No comments:

Post a Comment