Thursday, June 6, 2013

Evil Urges

I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.  Romans 7: 15-18

If I had a dollar for every time I used "the devil made me do it" as an excuse for my poor choice of actions, I'd be a rich man.  Of course, it sounds like a valid excuse, but ultimately, we are the only ones responsible for our own actions.

We cannot use the power of sin or Satan as an excuse because both have been defeated by Christ.  When we refuse Christ's help to resist temptations, sin is stronger than we are and we may find ourselves defenseless against an attack.  This is why we should never try to stand up to sin alone, but depend on Christ who has conquered sin once and for all.


When we tap into His never ending power and strength, we can stand tall and not give into our temptations and the sins that so easily entangle us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment