Friday, March 8, 2013

Rescue Me


The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.  I will protect those who trust in my name.  When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble.  I will rescue and honor them.  I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”  Psalm 91:14-16

It’s hard for me not to feel a sense of peace and comfort when reading the above scripture from Psalms.

Simply stated, God loves us because he made us.  Contrary to some schools of thought, we are not just creatures that randomly evolved, but are instead created in God’s image so that we could have a relationship with Him.

God does not only want a relationship with ‘church people’ or the religious elite; but with ALL people.  Yes, you read that last statement correctly, the Creator of the Universe desires your love and friendship and is, in fact, pursuing it now.

We must stop running from Him and discover the purpose in which He made us.


No comments:

Post a Comment