Saturday, October 27, 2012

Time


But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
2 Peter 3:8

Our five year old son said something recently that I have pondered over. He said: “Daddy, God is always on time.”

I admit, that I am stubborn and often forget that simple statement when I am trying to be the God of my universe; I am NOT God. 

God moves in His timing and NOT mine.  He is normally never too early with His blessings, but is also never late, either. 

I am also convinced that He often waits to make sure that I am not going to take matters into my own hands and do something outside of His perfect timing before He intervenes on my behalf.

We must learn to trust God and trust His perfect timing.   We must also learn to rely less on our independence to allow God to be free to do His work, His way.

Trust Him and believe that He is doing a good work in you for His purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment